Construction of ethane cracker plant, 9th Olefin Complex, on a turn-key basis
In 2002, the NST (Navrood, Steam, and T.E.G consortium) joint venture, led by Navrood, was awarded a contract to construct the ethane cracking plant of the 9th Olefin Complex in Assaluye on the turn–key basis.
Navrood, as the leader of the joint venture, provided a reliable communication channel among all stakeholders for an effective and transparent flow of information, put in place an effective quality management system, set up a well organized and resourced HSE unit, worked out the detailed plans for daily, weekly, and monthly progress reports, and organized effective cost control procedures to ensure on time and on budget completion of work.
Construction of the entire plant, pertaining all related works such as civil and U/G piping works, steel structures, buildings, equipment erection, A/G piping, tanks and spheres, furnaces, electrical, instrumentation, insulation, painting, and pre-commissioning activities.
• Excavation: 120,000 m3
• Concrete pouring: 52,000 m3
• Rebar: 6,000 tons
• Formwork: 150,000 m2
• Piling: 74 piles, each
– 19.2 m high
– 1.5 m wide
• U/G & A/G piping: 690,000 inchdia
• Steel structures (fabrication & installation): 3,300 tons
• Equipment erection: 5,000 tons
- Over 11,000,000 man-hours without a lost time incident.
- Completing the work under the provisions of the contract by innovating and implementing new concrete pouring methodologies.
- Implementation of quality standards and construction procedures in accordance with the latest standards in developed countries.
- Saving of up to 10% in related costs and expenditures.
- Navrood, as head of the joint venture, had to provide reliable communication links and information flow throughout the project management organization, put in place an effective quality management system, set up a well-organized and resourced HSE unit, work out detailed plans for daily, weekly and monthly progress reporting, and organize cost control procedures to ensure on time and on budget completion of work.